I recently got a bright pink, salmon, and green vintage tablecloth that has inspired me to redo my kitchen colors. My kitchen has always reflected me with sage green wall paint, but not with the ugly oak cabinets that come standard with our tract homes here on the West Coast. I had started repainting everything in my kitchen 2 weekends ago. I bought pretty green and ecru cans of spray-paint and went to town. Actually, I went into my backyard even though it was windy, and I began the transformation. I painted my little Ikea spice cupboard light pink and mint green and my knife block rasberry.
That started the ball rolling. My seven year old ugly oak cupboards had to go. I thought I'd start on the island first, just in case I totally messed up or hated it. I used the liquid sand, which is so easy-- and no sanding mess. I primed them, which I hate doing because I think it is a waste of time. Then I put two coats of the linen color I chose. Next step was to antique them. I first tried an antiqueing glaze and hated it. It was too greenish and dark, so I went back to the store and got a brown glaze. I started and it looked much better. When I got done it was too dark, but it cleans up with soap and water, so I decided to try to tone it down. I got a new sponge and wet them doen then went back and took some off. It worked and now I still have to seal them with a clear coat. Maybe tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment